Monday, December 28, 2009

Derby Practice Sunday

I took another hard backwards fall during Sunday’s derby practice. It seems to be a pattern with pack skating – it takes everything I have to just keep up with the pack, so when I try to do something else (sprint ahead, zigzag laterally), I fall. Dexter and Bunnie were very supportive and encouraging, but I really need to work on my basic skills so I’m not so far behind everyone else. I especially need to work on skating in proper derby stance, so I don’t fall backwards if I get off balance. At least my tailbone doesn't hurt as much this week as it did last week -- I took it easy last night, and feel mostly better by today.

I do need to look into getting one of those tailbone protectors, however, if I'm going to keep falling on my ass. B)

No comments: