Monday, July 20, 2009

Week in Review – Week Ending July 18

Last week was rather interesting. I got to hang out with Jero’s family, which is out of the ordinary. I got stuck on a massive project at work for three days; that was stressful at first but not as bad once the people working on it with me and I got used to what we were doing. Stsm stayed over at my apartment Wednesday night and we had a lot of fun. And of course I got to spend time with Jero, Nivagi and Ke, who I love to pieces. Plus, this weekend I get to see Mira and role-play! Woot! Happy times. B)

Last Sunday Jero and I got up and went with her family to the Children’s Museum for the King Tut exhibit. It was different enough from the one we saw in Chicago to be well worth the trip. After we got out of King Tut we spent some time exploring the rest of the museum. When we got tired and hungry we left to go out to eat and then back to Jero’s to light fireworks and play Guitar Hero and SingStar on my PlayStation. It was a enjoyable day, especially with Jero’s sister-in-law’s infectious enthusiasm.

Last Monday morning I went out to eat with Jero’s family and then had to go into work. I got stuck on an all-evening project that started slow but got more and more hectic as the night went on. By the time I left work I was strained and stressed, and the unrelated stirring up of previously unresolved relationship angst didn’t help. When I got to Jero’s it was quiet, and so I stayed up most of the night playing on my laptop while Jero and her parents slept. This peaceful interlude was excellent for recharging my mood.

When Jero’s parents left for their flight in the morning I said my good-byes and went to bed, waking only for breakfast when Jero got back and lunch later. At work I continued the project I’d started Monday, but actually finished on time, unlike the day before. After work Nivagi came over and brought me food since I’m poor. We ate and spent the rest of the evening nestled in bed. I had a good time hanging out with her, but after she went to sleep I lay awake for hours fretting over things I can’t change, so I didn’t rest well.

Wednesday morning Nivagi and I got up early enough to grab breakfast at Au Bon Pain. That night Stsm came over for snuggles and DVD- watching. We poked through my collection and settled on The Venture Bros. However, once we cuddled up to hug and chat, the TV was forgotten and we talked about our weekends, roller derby, and Guitar Hero. We never did get around to watching Venture Bros before it got too late and we fell asleep.

Thursday work was quiet after three days of special project hell, so I managed to maintain my good mood throughout the day, in spite of finding out I only got half a paycheck (never did find out what caused that). After work I packed for the weekend and then headed over to Ke’s. She met me at her house when she got off work, and headed back to her bedroom to play on our laptops while she ate ice cream. We lay on the bed, talking and playing on the Internet until it was time to cuddle and sleep.

Friday night I went over to Mars’s so he could show me the new game he’s been raving about, Dead Space. The survival horror game is very atmospheric and immersive, especially with Mars’s big-screen TV and surround sound. Mars and Jobe offered to let me play, but I suck at console games, so after a few minutes of having my character run into walls while attempting to flee from monsters I handed the controller back and just watched them play, which was much more fun.

Saturday morning I got a good amount of sleep at Jero’s and then woke to drove down to Evansville to see Mira. When I arrived we packed up food-makin’s and headed to Hebe and P37’s house, where Mira made dinner for all of us. After eating the four of us went out to see Public Enemies and then Mira and I retired to her apartment to snuggle and watch funny videos on YouTube. Sunday we got to cuddle and role-play, and the entire weekend was very nice. Today I’m back at work, but somehow my good mood has continued to endure.

“Marty, the penguins are psychotic.”
-- Alex the Lion, Madagascar

No comments: