Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week in Review – January 10th

This week has had a lot of money and relationship stress, although with help and understanding from the important people in my life it’s been getting better towards the weekend. I did have to cancel my plans with Amsc on Thursday, but with luck we can reschedule soon after I get my next paycheck. This weekend should be fun even though I don’t have any money.

Last Sunday morning Ke picked me up and took me with her to her family reunion. It was fun meeting more of her family and enjoying yummy food. When we got back to Indy we went to Kinko’s so Ke could mail schoolbooks, and then I went with her to work and printed stuff for my Dollship of Doom. I’ve been depressed lately, but Ke endured my crappy mood and did what she could to make me feel better.

Monday is usually my MUX night, but Jero wanted to help me work on my Dollship of Doom. Since Jero and I had bought office supplies Saturday night, and Ke had let me print stuff while I with her to Kinko’s, I had most everything ready. Jero and I got a lot of progress done, and will post pictures after the campaign – I want the ship itself to be a surprise to most of the players.

Tuesday night Mika came over after getting her headlight replaced, and arrived at the exact moment as the Chinese food I’d ordered. Remarking on her perfect timing, I led her upstairs and we ate sitting on my bed and talking. After dinner we finished her D&D character and then snuggled until Mika passed out early (10 PM). It took me a long time to fall asleep, but it was pleasant to have Mika here to cuddle.

Wednesday night after work I stopped by my apartment and then headed to Ke’s to pick her up. Grabbing some food on the way, we wound up doubling back to my place to see if a check from my mom had arrived, but no luck. Unfortunately, a quick scan of my finances revealed I was about $40 short of the rent check I’d dropped off on the 5th, with no money left for the $315 student loan bill due next week. Eep!

Unfortunately, this poverty led me to have to cancel my plans with Amsc, which I’d been looking forward to since New Year’s Eve. B( It may have been for the best, since the self-same poverty led me to make some questionable decisions about what might still be edible in the work fridge. When I felt better Jero took me out for non-poisonous food, and Ke made me some lunches so the same thing wouldn’t happen again.

Friday I was a little less stressed since Ke lent me money to cover my bills until my next paycheck, as long as I’m frugal. After work I went over to Chpa and Nivagi’s to work on their D&D characters. I headed back at 11 so Ke could come over and hot tub and I could get my suit ready for today and still get to bed at a decent time. We watched a little Colbert Report and then went to sleep.

Today I went into work early so I could leave early to go to Brbe and Erro’s wedding. I’m going to be an usher, although if the weather is bad I’m not going to get down there as early as Rere would like. Still, Jero is picking me up so we can head down immediately when I clock out here. After the wedding Jero and I are going to Roller Ball with Jero’s derby league.

Tomorrow I’m going to celebrate Nivagi’s birthday with her a little early, and the rest of the week I’ll probably lie low until payday, working on the D&D campaign I’m going to start next Saturday (eep!). Jero and I are planning to go see Repo the Genetic Opera Wednesday, so that should be all different flavors of awesome. The D&D campaign I’m worried about, since I’ll be trying something different, and just have to hope it works out. Wish me luck!



“I have never swindled a man. At most I have kept quiet and let him swindle himself. This does no harm, as a fool cannot be protected from his folly.”
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough For Love

No comments: